Many of the images used on this site are photos or illustrations provided by the European Space Agency (ESA) under the CC BY-SA 3.0 IGO license.
Many NASA images, especially satellite images, have also been used non-commercially on this site for informational and educational purposes. More information on non-commerical usage here.
Banner and Link Images
- Geomagnetic activity banner (sun launches CME towards Earth): NASA
- Geomagnetically induced currents banner (power transmission lines with sun as backdrop): Andrey Metelev on Unsplash
- Sunspot banner (The Sun in High Resolution by Solar Orbiter): ESA & NASA/Solar Orbiter/EUI team; Data processing: E. Kraaikamp (ROB)
- Solar wind banner (corona during solar eclipse): NASA press briefing on Dec 11th 2017
- Aurora link (mountain town beneath aurora): Johny Goerend on Unsplash
This website is maintained by the GeoSphere Austria (Bundesanstalt für Geologie, Geophysik, Klimatologie und Meteorologie). For any questions or comments, please use the contact form.